- With regard to the conditions attached to the residence in the country of origin, the applicant must provide proof of residence in another EU Member State or other country for a period of 12 months, consecutive or, if that country be in force stay restrictions and respective transfer to Portugal;
- For calculating the period of effects of 12 months of residence in situations where the country of origin establish stay restrictions, and the residence was fixed by non-consecutive periods, it has the total length of stay in the country on the basis of certificate issued by the competent consular authority and may not each period be less than 183 days per calendar year.
- To be released for consumption during the normal transfer of residence of the person concerned to the country;
- have been purchased in the country of origin of the owner, or in a country where previously the owner also has resided with the payment of all relevant taxes in this country, and not have received a tax relief when dispatched or exports to Portugal;
- have been property of the person concerned in the country of origin for at least twelve months before the transfer of residence, as from the date of issue of the document that titles to property, or in the case of on-location system acquired vehicle financial, from the date it was entered into the leasing contract must be given in the vehicle documents identifying the lessee.
- Registration certificate and title deed registration, as the case proof of ownership of the vehicle;
- Certificate of conformity, model 9 of the Institute for Mobility and Land Transport and technical inspection form (model 112);
- Valid driving license for at least 12 months before the transfer of residence;
- Identity Card or personal identification document in the case of foreign citizens who do not have BI;
- Tax Identification Number (NIF);
- Official certificate of residence issued by the competent authority for the control of inhabitants of the country of origin, which is attested entry in the register of inhabitants and start dates and cancellation of residence in that country;
- Document of everyday life attesting residence in the country of origin, in particular, household income receipts, water consumption, electricity, salary receipts or discount evidence for health effects and reform;
- Consent to consult the tax and contribution situation or, failing that, document certifying the tax situation and contributory regulated (Decree No. 114/2007 of 19 April).
In the case of the country of origin there is no authority responsible for controlling people, the cancellation can be attested by the consular authority.
To submit an application for exemption can do so in the corresponding customs at your place of residence (see table).
- Original of the registration certificate or equivalent documents in use in the country of registration of vehicle;
- document attesting to stay in Portugal, under a fixed-term assignment, training or study;
- Document of normal residence in another Member State as well, if any, of personal ties.
- Name, civil identity number, address and tax identification number of Portuguese;
- Workplace and in the case of workers on behalf of others, identification of the employer;
- Vehicle identification with the make, model and respective registration.
Source: Ministry of Finance