The index of Municipals Friends of Immigrants and of Diversity (IMAD) is a tool to support the characterization and monitoring of local policies of hosting and integration of immigrants.
Inspired in the work taken by the Council of Europe, the IMAD is a query, by questionnaire, that covers all areas transversal to the multi vector process of integration of immigrants in the Portuguese society
- Services of Integration
- Solidaridarity and Social Response
- Urbanism and Housing
- Citizenship and Civic Participation
- Work Market and Enterpreunership
- Media and Sensitization of the Public Opinion
- Education and Language
- Training and Capability
- Racism and Descrimination
- International Relationships
Taking into consideration the possibility of continuous use, improving and deepening of local polices, the IMAD aims to understand accurately:
- The universe of the relevant local policies in this area;
- The effectiveness of these policies in terms of response to the needs
- The identification of Inspiring Practices with potential to be applied.
How to apply
Considering the diagnose of policies of hosting and integration to build sustainable Municipals Plans to be fundamental, the IMAD is a starting point to build the Municipals Plans:
Questionnaire and respective User Manual here:
At a first stage financed by the Operational Program of Technical Assistance FSE (POAT), the IMAD was applied to a universe of 39 municipals, involving 125 entities among them City Councils, School Groups and entities from the Civil Society
It follows, besides the municipal Reports, a set of Inspiring Practices, which you may access here.
The application of the IMAD already made in 39 municipals, involving 125 entities among them City Councils, School Groups and entities from the Civil Society, gave origin, besides the Reports by municipals, a set of Inspiring Practices, which you may access here:
To share your Practice, fill in the Application Form of Characterization of Inspiring Practices here.