The Migrant Support Line - 808 257 257 / 218 106 191 - is a telephone support service by the High Commission for Migration (ACM) in partnership with the civil society.
This line was created following the new competences granted to the ACM and continues the SOS Immigrant Line which operated since 2003. The main objective of the Migrant Support Line is to respond immediately to the most frequently asked questions of Migrants, providing all the information available in the area of Migration by telephone and forwarding calls to the relevant departments, whenever they do not fall within the competence of the ACM, IP.
The Migrant Support Line also has the following duties:
• To promote and help ensure effective equality of rights and duties in access to work, housing, health, education, among others;
• Responding later to questions of immigrants when, due to the complexity of the issue, it is not possible to make it at the time;
• Advise and detect situations that require an effective response.
• Advise and detect situations that require an effective response by non-resident Portuguese, particularly forwarding for responses in the fields of access to work, housing, health, education, among others;
• Support the return of Portuguese emigrants who require support for this purpose, linking directly with the Emigrant Return Support Office (GARE);
• Coordinate with the Office for Support to Migrant Entrepreneurship (MRG), supporting entrepreneurship of migrants.
The Migrant Support Line also provides clarification and information to immigrant associations, as well as to enterprises and public administration.
The Migrant Support Line is currently available in 9 different languages, from Monday to Friday, between 9:00 am and 7:00 pm (Lisbon time) via the following contacts:
808 257 257 – calling from the landline (local call cost);
218 106 191 – calling from a mobile number;