- Urgent and vital health care;
- Transmissible diseases Transmissible diseases representing a danger or threat to the public health (e.g. tuberculosis or AIDS);
- Maternal and child health care and reproductive health care (access to family planning appointments, pregnancy voluntary interruption, monitoring women during pregnancy, delivery, puerperium and health care given to newborns);
- Health care provided to underage residing in Portugal under the terms in Decree no. 67/2004, of 25 March;
- Vaccination, according to the current National Vaccination Programme;
- Citizens in social exclusion situation or with low incomes documented by the Social Security System.
- Note: Each case referred above, depends of the economic and social situation of the person measured by the Social Security services.
People who request asylum and refugee, spouses or equivalent, direct descendents are relieved from paying fees, by presenting an asylum request or a residency authorization valid certificate, every time they go to the health services.
Source: Ministry of Health