The applicant must submit:
- Declaration that he or she held or plans to hold an investment operation in Portugal, indicating their nature and value; and
- Proof that he or she made investment transactions; or
- Proof that he or she has funds available in Portugal, including those obtained from a financial institution in Portugal, and the intention to carry out an investment operation in Portuguese territory, properly described and identified.
Other documents to be gathered:
• Two identical passport-type pictures, in color and with solid background, recent and with good conditions to identify the applicant;
• Passport or other valid travel document.
• Criminal Record Certificate issued by the competent authority of the country of the applicant’s nationality or country in which he resided for more than one year;
• Application for Portuguese Criminal Record query by the SEF – Foreigners and Frontiers Services;
• Valid travel insurance, which can cover the expenses required for medical reasons, including urgent and eventual repatriation medical care;
• Proof of means of subsistence as defined by joint order of the members of Government responsible for the internal management and labor and social solidarity;
• Company incorporation, or contract or written contract proposal for the rendering of services;
• Where applicable, a statement issued by the competent authority for verification of the profession exercise requirements that, in Portugal, are subject to special qualifications.
Remark: The visa application will be determined taking into consideration, namely, the economic, social, scientific, technological or cultural relevance of the investment.