The parental allowance is an amount of money that is paid to the parent who is on leave (may be absent from work) for child birth and is intended to replace employment income lost during the period of leave.
Parental Allowance has the following modes:
- Initial parental allowance;
- Initial parental allowance exclusive of the mother;
- Exclusive father Initial parental allowance;
- Initial parental allowance of a progenitor in case of impossibility of the other
The initial parental allowance is a cash support granted for a period of up to 120 or 150 consecutive days as parental choice, however, in situations where the child is born dead (stillborn), the period is for 120 days.
The initial parental exclusive mother's allowance is granted for an optional period up to 30 days before delivery and six weeks required (42 days) after delivery.
- It is a cash support given to the parent who is of:
- License of ten working days required
- The father is entitled to ten days compulsory leave after the birth of her son. The first five days are monitored and taken immediately after birth and another five days have to be enjoyed within 30 days after birth and may be followed or not
- License of ten working days optional
- Father, if he wants is entitled to ten more working days, consecutive or not, should be enjoyed simultaneously with the initial parental leave of the mother.
It is a subsidy which corresponds to the initial parental leave time period of the mother or father who was not taken by one of them due to:
- physical or mental disability, medically certified, as this remains;
Note. The initial parental allowance of a parent in the event of another failure can only be
granted in situations where the child is born alive (live birth)
To apply for parental allowance should meet the following documentation:
- civil identification document Photocopy of the child's or doctor's statement establishing or supporting health service delivery date;
- Continued Sheet Model RP5049 / 1-DGSS in case the applicant is the legal representative of the person to whom it is intended the grant;
- Document IBAN of proof bank (International Bank Account Number), if you want the payment to be made by deposit in a bank account.
- Note: You must pay attention to the valid specific requirements to qualify for this grant.
For more information, see:
If the date of birth, the mother was not working or was covered by a social security scheme with protection of parenthood, it may only be entitled to initial parental social allowance if you satisfy the means test.
The father is entitled to initial parental allowance exclusive of the father of 10-day mandatory additional 10 optional days.
The contribution irregular situation determines the suspension of payment of the allowance, from the date on which it is due. However, the beneficiary returns be entitled to benefit from the date on which it was suspended, to regularize the contributory situation in the three months following the month in which he has been suspended.
If the contributory situation is not regularized within this period, the beneficiary loses the right to benefits suspended.
The father can enjoy all leave except the Exclusive License period of Mother (6 weeks), provided that the mother is working. But in this case, there is no sharing of initial parental leave, with no place to an increase of 30 days.
The father and the mother have to enjoy each and exclusive, that is, without being at the same time, a period of 30 consecutive days or two periods of 15 consecutive days, after the mother have taken the Parental Leave Exclusive 6 weeks following the birth.
The Social Security also pays the respective grant, in situations where her mother has normal initial period of the license (120 or 150 days) and the father enjoys immediately following the 30-day increase.
In cases where both parents are unemployed and receiving unemployment benefits can also be a place to 30 days extra, since each parent has, exclusively, a period of 30 consecutive days, or two periods of 15 consecutive days of initial parental allowance after six weeks postpartum.
These situations are treated as if they were employees.
Yes, provided that the employer has not paid or is required to pay these subsidies, in whole or in part, for being in parental leave.
If, between the date of termination of the contract and the birth of the child, has not elapsed longer than six months without discounts, this may lead to the grant of the initial parental allowance, provided it is fulfilled the warranty period.
If you have no qualifying period for access to initial parental allowance, you may be entitled to initial parental social allowance if you satisfy the means test.
You are not entitled to initial parental allowance because there is no guarantee period. You can only be entitled to parental social grant if you meet the condition of resources.
Source: Ministry of Solidarity, Employment and Social Security